Join CAPTA, the fastest-growing Peer Tutoring Consortium in the United States!
We welcome members from all of the following:
- Established Secondary School Writing Centers
- Brand New Secondary School Writing Centers
- Postsecondary School Writing Centers
- Independent parties interested in establishing and/or supporting writing centers in their educational institutions (Administrators, Department Chairs, Prospective Directors, Tutors, etc.)
Annual memberships for each organization will cost $55. 2015-2016 memberships expire on June 30, 2016. Additional fees will be announced for conference, retreat and special event registrations. All memberships are active for one academic year.
As a Member of CAPTA, your school will have access to:
- An updated copy of Secondary Schools Writing Centers: A Resource Toolkit
- Curriculum ideas for peer tutoring classes or training materials
- An updated membership list with contact information
- Professional support and community:
♦ Advocacy for sustaining and building legitimacy of peer tutoring centers (liaisons, statistics, and student, teacher and administration testimonials – provided in the Resource Toolkit).
♦ Participation in Mentorship program – You will automatically be enrolled into a K-16 team of centers to develop a network of peer tutors, center directors and school administrators. Each K-16 team will include at least two high schools and one college or university. Where applicable, the team will also contain a middle and elementary school.
- The opportunity to submit writing for publication on the CAPTA blog
- The opportunity to attend CAPTA conferences and events, including:
♦ Yearly leadership conference for tutors– held in fall or spring
♦ Yearly training conference for tutors – held in fall or spring
♦ Yearly retreat for directors, teachers and administrators– spring or summer
- The opportunity to run for an Executive Board position
Your membership fees cover: accounting assistance; fees required by the state or Federal government; website, newsletter, and mailing costs; operational fees; promotional materials; general materials and supplies; and possible grants for new or underfunded schools and/or tutors to attend CAPTA events.
Join CAPTA here.